KapKa is a welcoming and inclusive community of children, teachers, and parents who see learning as a life-long and cooperative process. Our goal is to help children become capable and responsible individuals who believe in themselves, respect the views of others, follow their passions, and contribute to their world. We are a creative, joyful community, strong in our shared philosophy, rich in learning and play.
- Academic, social, and emotional learning are all necessary and valuable components of a child's education. We strive to help each child reach his/her highest potential in all three ways.
- Learning is a developmental process in which children ask questions, puzzle over possible answers, and test their ideas. The discoveries children make along the way are often as important as the final answers and end products.
- Using an experiential, integrated, and authentic curriculum creates an environment that allows children to access knowledge, make informed choices, and become flexible problem-solvers.
- A safe, supportive school environment fosters confidence and independence in children by encouraging them to take both risks and responsibilities.
- Our connections to the natural world and the human community are deeply important. Tending and strengthening them is an ongoing priority.
- The active participation of parents both in and out of the classroom is integral to creating and sustaining KapKa's dynamic and connected community.